Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, the active ingredient in NAD injection or IV therapy, is a supercharging coenzyme that helps your body produce the power it needs to function properly.
Anyone with a NAD deficiency can experience fatigue and loss of cognitive function that may range from moderately impactful to debilitating.
Am I a Candidate for NAD Therapy?
The coenzyme nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide occurs naturally in the body, making medically supervised NAD injections safe for most individuals. If you feel less energetic, are often tired, or have persistent brain fog, NAD injections may just be the solution you’ve been looking for.
What Are the Health Benefits of NAD Injections?
Our cells become more susceptible to injury as we age, with DNA especially vulnerable. Cellular damage can be caused by a number of sources, including exposure to oxidation, toxins, and radiation, so younger people can be affected as well.
NAD therapy has been proven highly effective in restoring cellular health and treating age-related DNA damage.
Some of the health benefits you may experience by receiving NAD therapy include the following:
- More efficient metabolism
- Faster reflexes, more agility, and better athletic performance
- Stronger and more responsive immune system
- Lower blood pressure and LDL cholesterol
- Better blood circulation
- Increased energy levels
- Fewer age-related physical complaints
NAD Therapy, Mental Health, and Addiction
By increasing the availability and release of neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin, and noradrenaline, NAD injections have been shown to have the following effects on mental health and substance abuse:
- Can reduce substance cravings and aid in detoxification
- Known to improve symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Helps stabilize moods
- May slow the progression of neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer’s disease
- Improves memory, cognition, and focus
How Is NAD Therapy Administered?
During NAD therapy, a high dose of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide is delivered intravenously, introducing it directly but slowly into your bloodstream through an IV drip or injection.
By receiving NAD this way, the enzymes are not subjected to the acidic environment of your stomach, where most of them would be destroyed. Instead, these beneficial enzymes are absorbed into the body’s tissues and cells and start working to restore health to damaged cells and allow new cells to thrive.
The frequency and number of NAD treatments needed for the best therapeutic value will depend on your symptoms, level of fatigue, and any underlying illnesses.
Our board-certified and world-famous surgeon, Dr. Leonard Hochstein, supervises all our Medspa services and works closely with our Miami NAD therapy professionals to determine the most effective treatment protocols based on our patients’ conditions.
Is There Any Downtime Associated With NAD Therapy?
There is no downtime involved with NAD injections. However, some people experience temporary and short-lived nausea, cramping, brain fog, and minor discomfort.
What Results Can I Expect From NAD Therapy?
NAD works to repair cell damage throughout the body, and results may vary among patients, depending on the condition of their health and symptoms. It may take a few sessions before you start seeing consistent improvement in some areas, but you can anticipate to feel incrementally better overall.
You may also notice some surprising benefits, like any of those listed above, even if the affected issue didn’t seem like a concern before receiving NAD therapy.
Some other results of NAD therapy may include:
- Potential weight loss – NAD coenzymes play a major role in regulating cellular metabolism, supporting the body’s fat-burning ability, breaking down fat cells, and preventing them from reforming.
- Reduced inflammation – Decreased levels of NAD coenzymes in the body allow age-related processes and metabolic stress to flourish, often leading to inflammation. Adding nicotinamide riboside (NR) has shown promise in reducing inflammation.
- Increased alertness and focus – NAD injections effectively counteract many age-related concerns, which may include “brain fog.” You may feel more “in tune” and engaged in activities or stimulating conversations.
- Resolving skin conditions – NAD repairs damaged cells and improves mitochondrial function in connective tissue. This assists with the production of collagen and elastin, which helps to revitalize skin by reducing wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots.
- Healthier hair – Many patients have reported that their hair started growing faster after NAD therapy.