The average person will endure plenty of wear and tear on their skin in a given lifetime. There is a myriad of lifestyle choices and conditions that are destructive to the skin, including sun exposure, harsh weather, acne, and smoking. Light rejuvenation is a procedure that can treat skin conditions and help lessen the appearance of facial aging. The method provides relief to many who otherwise would only have the choice to cover up their facial flaws. Alluring skin is just an appointment away with broadband light rejuvenation, or BBL™, by Hochstein Medspa.
Light rejuvenation is primarily used to improve facial skin and repair damage. Most people who get the procedure are looking for help with one or more of these problems:
- Acne: Light rejuvenation can destroy bacteria and minimize acne. Hormonal acne, cystic acne, pustules, scars, and redness can all be treated.
- Scars: When combined with Halo™ treatments, BBL™ can be used for effective scar revision. Light rejuvenation can be used to improve acne scars, surgical scars, hypertrophic scars, and depressed scars.
- Photodamaged skin: Sun damage, including age spots and thinning skin, can be treated with BBL™.
- Hyperpigmentation: BBL™ is effective in reducing erythema, redness, rosacea, freckles, brown spots, and many other signs of hyperpigmentation by selectively destroying only the pigmented skin cells.
- Wrinkles: BBL™ stimulates collagen formation, which smooths out the skin and reduces the appearance of lines.
- Broken capillaries: BBL™ destroys damaged tissue up to a full centimeter deep and can resolve broken capillaries within the skin.
- Skin texture: BBL™ treatments can improve rough skin texture and produce a softer, more even skin tone.
- Skin laxity: BBL™ triggers collagen and elastin, which tighten the skin and improve skin elasticity.
- Pore size: BBL™ treatments can destroy bacteria, minimize enlarged pores, and restore a more youthful appearance.
Light rejuvenation uses state-of-the-art technology to seek and destroy damaged skin in a targeted operation. Varying wavelengths of light are used in the process to eliminate the damaged skin and stimulate skin cell renewal. Lightwaves are delivered in quick pulses with several passes over the surface. The treatment sessions are short and gentle.
Minimal downtime is needed after light rejuvenation. Patients can resume their normal activities as soon as they feel comfortable to do so. Depending on the condition of the treated area, two to six treatments could be needed over the course of four-week intervals to produce the desired effects. Patients can maintain their youthful appearance with two to three treatments per year.
Light rejuvenation can erase years of skin damage and offers dramatic improvement when applied with the correct balance of time, frequency, and skill. The procedure can be used to enhance the appearance of skin on the face, neck, arms, hands, chest, and other problem areas. Improved skin color, texture, tone, and vitality are all common outcomes with the appropriate adherence to regular light rejuvenation treatments. Finally, light rejuvenation is a technique that can offer relief to those who struggle with facial skin damage. The confidence that comes with healthy facial skin is priceless.