Breast Augmentation in Miami, FL
While the size and shape of a woman’s breasts can be a source of confidence, a lack of volume can be the opposite. Genetics, weight fluctuations, breastfeeding, and age all impact the appearance of the breasts, and these can prompt some women to alter their breasts with implants.
Breast augmentation enhances breast shape and size through the use of saline or silicone implants. This surgical procedure can highlight your physique and boost your self-confidence.
What Are the Benefits of a Breast Augmentation?
Creates a Curvier Figure
For women who have always been unhappy with the small size or shape of their breasts, breast augmentation enhances breast volume, shape, and definition.
Restores Breast Volume
Pregnancy and breastfeeding cause many women to develop a deflated breast appearance from the loss of volume and fullness. Breast augmentation allows women to restore lost fullness and eliminate post-pregnancy shrinking.
Most women have breast asymmetry that is not noticeable to the naked eye. Unfortunately, some women’s asymmetry is visible. Breast augmentation allows women to insert different-sized implants into their breasts to even out the bustline.
Enhances Body Proportions
Many women can create balanced body proportions by enlarging the breasts. This balance allows women to fit better into clothing and creates a beautiful, eye-catching silhouette.
What Happens at a Breast Augmentation Consultation?
Your consultation with Dr. Hochstein at his Miami office is an essential part of your procedure. During this meeting, Dr. Hochstein will:
- Discuss your aesthetic desires and expectations
- Evaluate your current breasts, skin condition, and overall health
- Talk about any previous health conditions that can affect your recovery or the quality of your results
- Take measurements and photos
- Explain your implant options
- Develop a surgical plan
- Provide you with instructions on how to prepare for your procedure
- Before surgery, patients should:
- Stop smoking
- Stop taking aspirin, NSAIDs, and herbal supplements that thin the blood
- Before surgery, patients should:
What Are Virtual Consultations?
Dr. Hochstein has the pleasure of assisting patients from many geographical areas. Because he understands how difficult it can be for out-of-town patients to make two trips to Miami, he offers virtual consultations for patients who cannot get into the office for a consultation.
How Can I Personalize My Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is an outpatient procedure that usually takes between two and three hours to perform. This surgery is performed under the comfort of general anesthesia.
What Are My Breast Implant Options?
Dr. Hochstein will help determine the best implant specifications for you depending on your aesthetic goals.
- Saline implants consist of a silicone shell filled with sterile saline.
- FDA approved for women 18 years or older
- Provides a more augmented look
- Silicone implants consist of a silicone shell filled with silicone gel.
- FDA approved for women 22 years or older
- Provides a more natural look and feel
- MRIs or ultrasounds are required every other year to check the health of the implant
- Round implants are spherical in shape with smooth edges. These implants create equal fullness on the top and bottom of the breasts. Round implants can be filled with saline or silicone, and they will not distort the breasts if they rotate in the pocket.
- Anatomical implants are shaped like a teardrop and contribute to a more natural breast appearance. These implants are made of a thicker silicone gel that holds its shape. Unfortunately, anatomical implants may distort the breast appearance if they rotate in the pocket. While Dr. Hochstein offers anatomical implants, he does not often recommend them for his patients.
Implant ProfileThe implant profile determines the projection of the implant. Implants of the same volume (CCs) will be shaped differently—and project differently—depending on their profile.
- Low profile implants have a wide base but do not project much. These implants are ideal for women with a broader chest wall.
- Moderate profile implants have a narrower base and project more than low profile implants do. These implants are commonly used for women with average-width chest walls.
- High profile implants have a small base and project further from the chest. These implants are best for petite women with thin chest walls.
- Ultra high profile implants have an even narrower base than high profile implants and project the furthest from the chest.
Where Are My Breast Implants Placed?Your implant placement will affect the final shape of your breasts and can impact your recovery time.
- Subglandular implants are inserted beneath the breast tissue but above the pectoral muscles.
- Partial submuscular implants are placed beneath the breast tissue and partially under the pectoral and chest muscles.
- Submuscular implants are placed under the breast tissue and the pectoral muscles. This placement offers some of the most natural-looking results.
Where Will My Breast Augmentation Incisions Be?Your incision will depend on the type and placement of the implant. Incisions are located in discreet locations to minimize visible scarring.
- The periareolar incision runs along the lower half of the areolas. Dr. Hochstein usually recommends the extended periareolar incision.
- The inframammary incision runs along the breast crease, where the underside of the breast meets the skin of the upper abdominal area.
- The transaxillary incision is made within the underarm.
Do You Have Concerns About Breast Augmentation?
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Most patients find their breast augmentation recovery to be easily manageable. You should expect to experience some bruising, swelling, and discomfort after your procedure. Your breasts will be wrapped in a support bra that will help to reduce swelling, promote circulation, ensure that your implants settle correctly, and facilitate the healing process.
- Week 1: Patients will be bruised, swollen, and uncomfortable. Lifting, pushing, or pulling anything over 15 pounds is prohibited. Patients should rest comfortably and avoid raising their arms above their heads.
- Weeks 2-3: Most of the discomfort will have resolved by the second week, and most patients feel comfortable enough to return to work and their regular activities.
- Weeks 4-5: Patients should still wear their support bra, but they can start applying creams for scar treatment and can start incorporating more activities into their routines.
- Week 6: Patients are cleared to resume all activities.
Breast Augmentation Cost
The cost of your breast augmentation will vary significantly depending on the specifications of your procedure as discussed with Dr. Hochstien during your consultation at his Miami office. Typically, breast augmentation in Miami will range from $3,800 to $7,800.
The cost of breast augmentation varies depending on the implant choice, anesthesia fees, facility fees, surgeon’s fees, geographical location, pre-surgical tests, and post-surgical dressings. Dr. Hochstein will provide you with an accurate cost estimate during your consultation once your surgical plan has been established.
Breast Augmentation Pain
Breast augmentation is performed under general anesthesia to minimize any pain during and immediately after your procedure. Any residual soreness or pain can be alleviated with oral pain medication. Most discomfort dissipates within a few days.
Breast Augmentation Scars
Scarring will develop at the incision sites. Fortunately, these scars are hidden in the natural coloring of the areola or the creases and folds of the breasts. Patients can help minimize the visibility of scars by keeping them out of the sun, avoiding bras and clothing that can rub against the incisions, and applying silicone strips, gel, or topical scar cream. All scars will fade with time.
Dr. Hochstein does everything he can to decrease the possibility of rupture, capsular contracture, or any other implant issue. That being said, he understands that complications are possible no matter how many precautions are taken. This is why every breast augmentation is covered with the Sientra Platinum20™ Product Replacement and Limited Warranty Program. This warranty program ensures that any problem will be addressed at no additional cost to you.
Miami Breast Augmentation Before & After Photos (Click and Drag to see Results)
Breast Augmentation FAQ
Q: Am I a candidate for breast augmentation?
A: Ideal candidates for breast augmentation are in good overall health, do not smoke, and have realistic expectations about their results.
During your consultation, Dr. Hochstein will examine the condition of your breasts to determine the best technique for your needs.
Q: What are the risks associated with breast augmentation?
A: Breast augmentation is an invasive surgical procedure. Therefore, there is a risk of post-surgical complications.
These complications include:
- Negative reactions to the anesthesia
- Changes to skin or nipple sensation, which may be temporary or permanent
- Prolonged wound healing
- Unfavorable scarring
Implant complications can also arise, including:
- Implant rupture
- Capsular contracture
- Double bubble deformity
- Implant displacement
- Implant rippling
You can reduce your risk by following all of Dr. Hochstein’s pre- and post-surgical advice.
Q: Will breast augmentation raise the breasts?
A: Breast augmentation creates or restores breast volume, but it will not elevate the breasts or raise sagging breasts. If you are experiencing sagging breasts, a breast lift can be combined with your breast augmentation. Breast lift surgery restores a youthful position and perkiness to the breasts.
Q: Is breast augmentation covered by insurance?
A: Breast augmentation is an elective cosmetic procedure. Therefore, it is not covered by insurance. Financing options are available through CareCredit®—a credit card exclusively designed for healthcare services.
Q: Why do I need to stop smoking before my breast augmentation?
A: Tobacco use inhibits blood flow. The lack of proper circulation puts you at a higher risk of experiencing significant complications such as heart attack or stroke during your surgery. This is why it is required to stop smoking for at least one month before your procedure.
Q: When can I resume smoking after my breast augmentation?
A: If you plan to resume smoking after your procedure, you should avoid doing so for at least two weeks. Failure to do this may increase your risk of complications or poor wound healing.
Q: Can I change my implant size?
A: Not every woman is pleased with their implant selection following their breast augmentation. If you are unhappy with the size, shape, or filling material of your implant, you can exchange the initial implants for new ones.
Q: When can I return to an underwire bra?
A: Support is your number one concern following your breast augmentation. Once you are cleared to stop wearing the support bra, you should begin wearing a sports bra or a supportive non-wire bra. Underwire bras should be avoided because the wires can irritate the incisions, causing them to open. Patients should wait several weeks or months before wearing an underwire bra. As your breasts will continue to shift slightly over the initial few months, you may only want to invest in a small number of bras until you are sure that your implants have settled and the swelling has subsided.
Q: When can I shower after breast augmentation?
A: It is important to keep your incisions clean and dry after your procedure. Most patients can shower the day after (while avoiding the incisions as much as possible). Still water, including hot tubs, pools, oceans, saunas, and steam rooms, should be avoided for at least six weeks.
Q: Will my breast augmentation results be permanent?
A: Breast implants are reliable, and complications are rare. That said, they are not expected to last forever. Implant complications—including implant rupture and capsular contracture—can occur at any time after your procedure. Breast revision is a secondary procedure performed to repair or adjust the results of your initial breast augmentation.
Additional aesthetic changes can occur to augmented breasts if you experience pregnancy or significant weight fluctuations.